Friday, January 9, 2009

In The Beginning There Was Only Me...

Abraham Cowley once famously wrote:

"A mighty pain to love it is,
And 'tis a pain that pain to miss;
But of all pains, the greatest pain
It is to love, but love in vain."

Currently I am 20 years old. 20 years have passed by without such an incident. I could have never anticipated in a million years that I would be feeling the way I am today. I could have never imagined that I would be standing at the junction of my life I am today. But yet here I am...standing at an all important junction in life staring at my reflection in the pond of life.

But the reflection I see this time is different--it's different than the reflections that I have seen before. In the beginning there was only me...

But now I see this new me in the reflection. I see a side which I thought never existed, or would never even exist. But Alas, it does. To my heart's discontent this side exists. I wish to God it wouldn't exist, but it does.

This side came into existence after a series of events within a short time span. Events whose outcome has changed my life radically. An outcome which I will never forget...

No comments:

Post a Comment